Easily prepare delicious maki sushi in super kawaii pandas shapes with the Panda Maki Mold. The kit comes with 4 molds that will help you quickly successfully make your own delicious personalised makis!
Making panda eyes, ears, nose and lips:
- Prepare 310g of vinegared rice with 110g of rice blackened with black sesame.
- Distribute the blackened rice throughout the 5 compartments of the mold No. 1.
- Deposit the vinegared white rice in the last 2 compartments
- Pack the rice in securely with the lid
- Turn the mold facing down and remove the framework and the bottom
- Cut a nori seaweed sheet into two.
With one half-sheet of seaweed nori, cut 4 bands: a band measuring 43 mm, one measuring 63 mm, another measuring 37 mm and finally one of 30 mm.
- Perform the same divisions with the other half of the nori sheet: 2 strips of 43 mm for the ears of the panda, 2 strips of 63 mm for the panda's eyes, two strips of 37mm (only one is necessary) to the nose of the panda, and 2 strips of 30 mm for the panda's lips
- Wrap the blackened rice in the 43 mm (ears) sheets of nori seaweed. Take note, leave a portion exposed without any nori seaweed to stick rice on a large sheet of nori seaweed to be used to surround the entire face of the panda.
- Wrap the rice completely blackened in the leaves of 63 mm (eye) and make an oval shape
- Wrap completely in nori sheet of 37 mm, the shape must be well rounded
- (Another option for the nose: put a stick of cucumber, surrounded by nori)
- Wrap the top of white rice in nori sheets of 30 mm
How to make the panda's face:
- Use the second mold, the one that will shape the face of the panda
- Fill out white rice to the brim
- Place a nori seaweed on it
- Turn the mold upside-down on a bamboo mat for maki and gently remove the frame and the bottom
- Remove the cylinder, surrounded by rice nori seaweed.
- Wrap everything while being careful not to move or crush the preparation
- The panda is almost completed, it remains only to add his little ears!
Tip: For even more kawaii pandas, you can substitute rice blackened with rice colored (pink, yellow ...)
Omedetô! Time to taste your delicious panda maki!